Travel: Palawan 2016

It took me a while to write about my Palawan trip. I was in the midst of my depression and it was really hard for me to talk about things, what’s going on with my life, etc. So here’s what happened.

Some of the islands of Palawan.
Happy kid! Haha

We boarded the plane around 1:30pm and arrived at around 2:30pm. From what I remember, Puerto Princesa City is just an hour away from Manila by plane. (Thanks to Philippines Airlines!!!). We checked in at Citystate Asturias Hotel (Look for online reviews of this hotel! Their service is really good and fast). After resting for about two hours, Tita Dette and Mom wanted to go out. Unfortunately, it’s already thirty-minutes to 5pm and the parks they wanted me to see are about to close. So they brought me first to Baker’s Hill. At Baker’s Hill, you will find restaurants, a pasalubong center, plants and picture-worthy parks. Baker’s Hill pasalubong center is famous of their Hopia.

After Baker’s Hill, we want to the pasalubong center in town. At the pasalubong center, you can buy of course, pasalubong including shirts, jewelries made from cultured pearls, bags, ref magnets and more.

For dinner, I can no longer remember the name of the restaurant but they serve the famous Crocodile Sisig. It’s a must try, guys! I swear.



I wanted to go island hopping the next morning but it was raining. I was left at the hotel alone because Tita Dette and Mom needed to attend to their seminar. I slept, ate, watched TV all day. It’s quite a boring day but hello, I’m in Palawan and Palawan is Palawan. In the evening we went out to attend 7pm mass at the Immaculate Conception Cathedral. Fortunately, after the mass, there was a procession. It was their feast day. We were so blessed to be part of it.

My mom booked me for a tour the next day. She booked me a tour at the famous Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park. In the tour I met Kuya Roger and Ate Laiza, who happened to be from Baguio. We became friends and became each other’s photographer. Before going to the National Park, we had two stopovers. One is a view deck where you can see the West Philippine Sea. The next one is the Ugong Rock Adventures.

When you tap the stones that comprises the cave, it will make a sound. That’s why they named it “Ugong” which means “sound.” Ugong Rock offers adventure for all ages. To be able to get to the top of the rock, one will have to hike and trek and to be able to go down, you have two choices, go back (which I bet you won’t do because it’s not really that easy) or to just zip! I chose the latter. After successfully surviving Ugong, we went straight to the Sabang port.

Sabang Port x West Philippine Sea

At Sabang Port, we had our lunch first before heading to the national park. After lunch, we immediately boarded the boat to the national park. It was at least 5 to 10 minutes away from the port. When we get there, I was really mesmerized by the beauty of the place. It felt like paradise. I only had few photos taken during the tour because I can’t concentrate plus there was no natural light inside the subterranean river.

The tour ended there. It was tiring but very sulit! I was brought back to the hotel. I took a shower and went swimming till Mom and Tita Dette arrived. I wasn’t able to island hop and do the city tour because the next day was our flight back to Manila. But I’ll be back for sure! To Honda Bay, Coron and more of Palawan!